Sunday 2 November 2008

!!!

What's up with Norwegians and that sickening urge to go for walks all the time??
I've just had what parents(and Anje) usually reffer to as a discussion with my dad and my stepmother.
It's Sunday afternoon, it's really, really cold, and I'm in a good mood for relaxing and snugling up in one corner of the sofa with a cup of chai tea, and maybe dr.Phil on the telly, but the two outdoor terrorists had decided they wanted to take my two little brothers and me out for a walk. And it would be alright if their definition of walk was the same as me and my friends' definition, but in their norwegian world, a walk means out in the woods for five hours, freezing your better parts off and then beeing stuck on the tube for another hour because of all the other thoroughbred norwegian familys who have decided to go for a torturing walk.
I'm not beeing lazy and non-sporty, it's just that sundays are for relaxing!!
Come on! They were at a wedding 'till five o'clock last night, and they want to go for a bloody walk!!
I feel like norwegian familys have this cramp-like urge to go for walks and walks and walks, just so they can maintain their reputation for being such sporty outdoor enthusiasts...
Well, I'm beeing very brutal towards norwegians, I'm aware of that, they just get on my nerves sometimes...
But I mustn't forget, that I was born here, and I am afterall half a norwegian;) I just missed out on the half that loves long walks in the forest, along with two whiny and snotty kids...
ahwell, I ended up staying at home, and I'm guessing I'm in for a real akward and bitter atmosphere when they get home.. Which is so unlike them...

I do hate sundays!

No comments: