Thursday 30 October 2008

John Entwistle(the Ox) (1944-2002)

Oh for god's sake! I am the worst Who fan ever!
I totally forgot to write a little note about John Entwistle's birthday on October 9th!
John Entwistle was the Who's bassist from the very start 'till his death in 2002. In my opinion he is one of the best and most innovative bass players in the history of rock. ONE of the best, that is, 'cause there is this other guy who was really good, but I can't remember his name now:p
But back to the topic.
Entwistle was born in Chiswick in 1944, and played instruments such as the french horn(which I think he played in Pictures Of Lily), the trumpet and piano.
John Entwistle also stands for one of the first(maybe even the first) recorded bass solos on a rock album. This Solo is the well known solo in My Generation:D I love it when I'm dancing and that solo comes!
Anyway, I can't say much more about the great Entwistle other than that he's another of the many men on this planet of whom I deeply admire for his skills and accomplishments. Here are some pictures of ol' Thunderfingers:
Entwistle with Jimi Hendrix backstage at Monterey
In 1969
Performing My Generation with The Who in 1967


Entwistle playing along seemingly unaffected by the explosion going on behind him
With Pete Townsend in 1996(I think)
On the back cover of the Who Sell Out

2 comments:

L said...

I love him in that Generation video, when he just stays the same with his cold stares. Ah!

Sun said...

Haha! Me too! He's so cool and aweome!!