Monday 27 October 2008

I've got a brand new(vintage) pair of rollerskates:D

hahaaa! My grandad is the best of the best!!
I had been going on about a couple of really cool vintage rollerskates I found on eBay, which I really wanted to bid on, but the seller had put on a "UK bids only" note. So I asked my grandad(who is a very experienced eBay-er) if he could maybe sort it out for me.
So he wrote a note to the seller, trying to persuade him to accept outside-of-UK bids as well. But the seller wouldn't, and so I didn't get to buy the skates:(
Anyhow, my grandad went up to a local market yeasterday, full of vintage stuff, spesifically to look for vintage rollerskates, and guess what! He found some alright!! AND he bought them for me:D:D
So I went to get them today, and I'm going to wear them tomorrow at my school's Halloween party!!
So I've been skating around since I got home, although I fell right on my arse in the livingroom(which made my dad and stepmom burst in to vicious laughter...)
And now I'm up in my room playing Melanie Safka's Brand New Key(the rollerskate song):D

No comments: