Monday 13 October 2008

Life's a piece of Shit...

I find myself being really Norwegian these days and constantly complaining about things!
Whether it's my lack of sleep and the early mornings, or that one of my parents is acting like a complete idiot. There are a lot of things about both Norway and my parents that could've been better, but it's not killing me is it?

I've just read this book about a girl who's been sexually abused by her father and other members of her family plus some of his friends her whole life. The book made quite an impact on me, and it made me think how great my life really is.
At least my future relationships won't be messed up because I don't know how to behave with men without beeing sexual.
I know I'm not the first one with these thoughts, but I'm just in the middle of realising what a hypocrite I'm becoming, along with a great deal of the Norwegian society.
And this isn't only the upper-class, posh rich-bitches who don't give a shit about stuff like the enviroment or the less fortunate.
The same thing goes for the radical kids who call themselves communists, and feminists and stuff like that, and who do things like pour pig blood all over another party's headquarters just 'cause they thinks they're too americanized.
Give me a break! Norway is both the richest and the best country to live in in the whole world, and these kids just don't know how bloody lucky they are to have been born with such privileges!
We can do almost whatever we want with our lives, and still have a safe ground and a chance to earn some money.
If only these people would stop complaining about everything, just to have something to camplain about.
Just so they could say: "Yeah, I had a hard time growing up... I went to a lot of demonstrations, and I was real rebellious...yeah"
Why don't we all wake the fuck up and see what it is we have the ability to do here!
Why don't we try and work on problems that don't necessarily affect ourselves, but that we still can do something about?

Just needed to get it out:p It's been a looong day... But at least I'm not complaining:D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very good Sunniva! Firstly I couldn't be more agree, secondly you really pulled it off and thirdly I loved your anger at the end. Keep it going! You're my hero, and you know it ;) Love from me <3

Sun said...

Thanks Anje:D
You're always so supportive:)
Love you<3