Thursday 9 October 2008

And so the days keep going....

Well, I'm afraid I don't have too many exciting things to talk about today...
We've just been to visit Oslo's second drama school, Bjørnholt(Well, it's not a drama school, they teach a lot of other things there as well, I just can't be bothered to explain the Norwegian school system to you:p) which was fun, exept we most definetely confirmed any myth or prejudices they might have about drama students. We performed some weird mix of mask dance and exercises that must have been thought up in the sixties during some crazy LSD trip.
We also had gymnastics yeasterday, only, we don't call it that, we call it fucking motion or movement if you like:p
Sometimes I think our motion teacher is taking the piss... She usually makes us stand in a circle and do weird things like shake our whole body until, what she calls, our natural sounds come out. And by that, of course, I don't meen farting:p just "shaking" sounds through our voice.
Yesterday we had to pretend to go through different elements in nature and gradually become each element, like water and earth and wind...etc....

I love going to Nissen, and I love taking drama, and I'm ever so thrilled to have gotten in to this school, it's just... sometimes, I can't take it all to serious when I find myself in the middle of a ring acting out what must be Timothy Leary's first acid trip. With my body....

No comments: