Thursday 4 September 2008

Cowboy Kate & other stories...

I went to visit my grandparents house today,where I ate a lovely lunch and had a nice cup of tea.
My grandmother knows how to spoil you...
anyway, my grandfather(Ken) has a large selection of books, and every single time I come to their place he has this one line he always says: "You know, I have so many books, and you can come over any time you like and have a look at them."
I noticed he had a book on Ken Russel,so I went over to look at it since Russel was the director of "Tommy".
I asked my grandfather if he happened to have any books on David Bailey.
He started looking through his books and said he knew he had one somewhere, but wondered why I wanted a book about David Bailey, and I told him that I'm really into the sixties, and that I like his photographs.
"The sixties!? You're really into the sixties!? We'll I have LOTS of books on the sixties!" He said and went in to another room full of books.
He pulled out a huge book called: "Cowboy Kate and Other Stories" by Sam Haskins.

So that was an unnecessarily long story about how I borrowed this killer book from him so I could make some scans of it, 'cause the pictures are really cool, and sooo 60's!
I've still got it, but I can't be bothered to scan them, so I looked them up on the internet.


Anyway, here's a little excerpt from the book, you'll find the rest on http://www.haskins.com/CbyKate/Kate_p01.html

















I was hoping they would be a little bigger, but as I said, you can visit the website and get the whole story;)

No comments: