Saturday 23 August 2008

I've just come home from a stroll around Grünerløkka where I popped by the hairdressers and got this Debbie Harry/mod bob style. I'll get Anje to take a picture soon. I've also taken some more car-pictures, as there was some sort of a Rock n' Roll mini festival going on there...
think I'm going to start collecting model cars...there's a great shop for it just around the corner from where I live!


I've been thinking, although I love Grünerløkka, it's starting to become a little overrated...
I mean, it's great that there's a place for so-called "hip" people to hang out and be "themselves", but it's not really the original underground-ish place it used to be.
It's just getting over crowded, and people come from all over town just to walk in "different" clothes and dig the Kooks or etc.
Hanging out on Grünerløkka has become some sort of a glorified cult-thing.
It was hip a couple of years ago, but in my opinion it's going to fade in a couple of years, 'cause then it's not really special anymore.
You can't be cool and different when everyone looks excactly the same.
At least the hippies and Mods were aware about that.
It's just a bit too much when everyone tries to be what they call a hundred % "themselves".
And I'm not saying I'm any better, it's just that I'm content with where I am right now, and yes, I do change according to who I'm with, but I think that's just showing respect to those around you.


Anyways, I'm about to order a Kinks t-shirt online, so I'll leave it at that;)


Toodles!

No comments: